Monday, January 12, 2015

Open Our Eyes


Do you remember the story of the blind servant of God?  His story is recorded in 2 Kings 6:15-17.  He had the ability to see the strength of the opposing enemy, but was blind to the army of God.  It was Elisha who prayed, “O Lord open his eyes so he may see.”  That is a great prayer.  I pray it for myself, my family and our church regularly.  When I see the power of God all else seems different—even the challenges.  Today’s Focus story helps us to see God which changes how we face the bumps in the road.   

 

This morning we received an email from our daughter-in-law that our son was laid off his armed security job he has held for 3 years.  On January 1 he would receive the highest wage and three weeks’ vacation. In spite of having high seniority and good working reports he was informed this Friday will be his last day.  I immediately prayed and asked our Lord how to best pray for my son and assist him in this trial. I talked to my son and let him know I would be praying for him.  In the meantime I was reading one of the three daily devotions I receive through email.  One of these devotions seemed very appropriate to send to my son.  I asked my wife if she had read this devotion.  Not only had she read it but had sent it to my son via email. This was the little devotion and small commentary:

 

Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness.  Isaiah 41:10

Ever will the Lord raise up His people from their troubles!  Ever will He seek to heal their hurts!  Ever will He redeem His people from wickedness!  And ever will the Lord Almighty strengthen the resolve of His children that they might proclaim His mercies forever!  Praise His name forever all you His people!  Hallelujah!

 

Now some people would say this devotion was just a coincidence and I was reading into this situation.  That would be the devil talking.  At first I did not realize what had just occurred.  I asked my Father God how to best pray and help my son.  Soon after starting to read my daily devotions I realized how my first devotion would be quite useful to my son.  Then I realized my Lord also answered my prayer request through His magnificent Word.  The timing was impeccable.  Not only did my Lord answer my prayer, He also allowed the same message to minister to my son. Then my God went the extra mile.  My wife who was in deep sorrow over this incident was strengthened in the Lord and not only found peace in the Lord, but permitted to relay this powerful message to our son and his wife. Thus my wonderful God met four people who were in great distress with the same encouraging Word.  WOW!  What a great God and He is greatly to be praised.

Be encouraged, God sees you and is mighty to save. 

 

Thanks to a brother in the church who sent me this note and allowed our body to be encouraged as well. 

“O Lord open our eyes so we may see.” 

-Pastor Mark

Due to computer glitch - this message didn't  make it on January 10.  Trying again today 1/12

Happy Birthday, Pastor Mark!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment