Friday, April 29, 2016

Family





I am discovering in my life right now that holidays can sometimes be difficult.  My  circumstances are not the way I thought my life would play out.  Right now I find myself in the season of being a single mom.  I have grown so much in my walk with the Lord the past six years, and in many ways I wouldn’t change my life circumstances.  My two kids are amazing, and God has provided for us in awesome ways!

An important part of our journey has been the family we have developed here at church.  My family lives in New Mexico.  I am an only child, and we do not have any family nearby.  That is where our family at First Baptist and Sonshine Christian School come in.  God knew what he was doing (He always does) when He planted us here.  Our church family is our family away from home. 

This past Easter my heart was touched by the Easter breakfast the church did.  My kids and I were so blessed to enjoy breakfast here at church!  It was very special to be able to enjoy a holiday meal with some of that family. We would have had a great breakfast at home, but that connection with community on the morning of a holiday touched my heart in a special way. 

Thank you First Baptist for being our family away from home and for making Easter that much more special for us!
--Kimberly Bell, Second Grade Sonshine Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment