Thursday, June 26, 2014

Retreating with JESUS


Why do I go on retreats? I go on retreats to build a stronger relationship with Jesus. It helps me to see that there is greater good in everybody. Retreats help me to have an impact on my friends and family. They also help me to make friends and encourage them, especially when it’s someone new. Picture yourself as that boy or girl who came to the retreat, but didn’t know anybody or what was going on. I would feel like a stranger. Even though sometimes it’s hard to greet new people because it might get awkward, it’s important to do more than just say “Hi!” We want to make them feel like they belong just like the way Jesus invites us to know Him better.



The most important reason is to hear the Message of Jesus being taught by an amazing Youth Pastor. I learn things like, right at this time and this moment Jesus is celebrating with you and is proud of the commitment you have made to yourself and Him. He is making us His disciples because He wants us to focus on following His path. The cool thing is that we can trust Him with our safety, guidance, and the providence we need. This is amazing because He has made each one of us uniquely so we can do different things. He has given us the ability to do them. He definitely did not make a mistake when He created you. He made us for a purpose that is understandable. We should not be ashamed to walk around and show our beautiful personality traits that He’s given us. He did all this for us because He loves us all.



We also do service projects at retreats and they help me realize that there is a bigger picture when you’re doing the work. The big picture is to glorify the one true King. I love the teamwork when everybody is willing to step up and participate. One of the things I see on everybody’s faces is their smiles. They’re saying, “Jesus, I am here to do the work you have asked me to do with a grateful attitude!” With more people the work is done easy and fast.



I go on retreats so I can tell my story. I also go to inspire the people around me. Jesus wants me to show my true identity to show I can do anything with His help. I just have to believe that I am in good hands. One last reason why I go is because I want to shine for God and others! So then they can shine the Light of Jesus everywhere they go. I know I can do this because with God all things are possible.        

----Rebekah Patterson, 9th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment