Friday, November 22, 2013

Redeeming the Time for the Days are Evil ……… a testimony by Babs Gaziano


 
The year 2013 brought three major events in to my life:  I celebrated my 80th birthday in May, my husband of 56 years died in June, and my dear daughter-in-law, Mysti, accepted Christ as her Savior in September.

 

Anyone living as long as I have has seen this country turn from worshiping God to worshiping materialism and self love.  So, it is not surprising that we are in “the days are evil” (Eph 5:16b). What are we as believers to do about this?  Keep on serving the Lord, serving His people with encouragement and hope and truthfully speaking up for the Lord every chance we have.

 

For several years I brought Mysti to women’s special events at Salem First Baptist, and she began to feel comfortable with those she met.  This September I was able to get her to sign up for a Bible class, only to learn it was already filled and unavailable. Suddenly I began to feel a great burden for her soul – as nice as she is, I suspicioned she was not a Christ follower since she grew up in a cult.  It was time for Mysti to get in a study and to choose salvation.  Many prayed. We joined the Lies Women Believe and the Truth that Sets them Free book study class.  In her cult days, Mysti learned lies about God and now she needed to hear the truth.  We began studying together.  The first lesson was on the devil, the father of lies.  One reference we looked at referred to the “Gospel.”  I asked her if she knew what the Gospel was.  Her answer revealed she did not.  “Would you like to know what it really is so that you can have your sins forgiven and spend eternity with Jesus?” I asked.

 

First, I confirmed that she believed Jesus Christ is God in human flesh who died on the cross taking our punishment for all of our past, present and future sins.  I continued to detail the whole Gospel story ending with His resurrection from death to eternal life in which God showed He accepted Christ’s sacrifice of dying in her place for her sins–“Would you like to accept Him as your Savior and become a saved Christian?”  A quiet, serious women held my hands as we prayed the sinner’s prayer.  What rejoicing in my heart, in the angels’ hearts and with everyone who prayed for her!!  Now, she is my sister in the Lord.

 

I want to use every opportunity to speak for God’s truth–I hope you do too!  Redeem your time because the days are becoming dangerously evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment